Saturday 15 January 2011

Scenes from Phuket.

We saved some money on land tour in Phuket this time because I was just there early last year on a 4D3N holiday with a friend and know of the big mall, Jung Ceylon (which is the old name for Phuket). The mall is at least as big as Bugis Junction here in Singapore.

So, we went ashore, free and easy, not having to worry about waking up very early to join loads of fellow tourists packed into tour buses. We got into a Tuk Tuk to bring us to Jung Ceylon for 200 baht (maximum of 4 passengers). This is a picture of the Tuk Tuk that later took us back from Jung Ceylon to the Patong Beach Jetty for another 200 baht:
I told my mom that Jung Ceylon has good and cheap facial treatments and the photo below was of an offer that caught our eyes. Amazing and true! 359 baht is something like S$16! I don't think my dad was thrilled about getting a facial treatment but even he was impressed. Truly value for money! We tipped our therapists 100 baht each at the end of the session. They deserved it.
 My parents getting their facial treatment:
 This was the restaurant in Jung Ceylon we had lunch at:
 Thai poh piah (spring rolls):
 Kai lan, stir fried with oyster sauce:
 Pineapple rice:
 Glass noodles (tong fen in Chinese) with King Prawns:
 Prawn pancakes (yummy!):
Dessert! Heavenly coconut milk, red bean, water chestnut, jackfruit and sea coconut all in a young coconut! For only 85 baht (roughly S$3.50):
 My mom demonstrating how to get the flesh carved out from the young coconut:
 Round and round with the spoon:
 Succulent coconut flesh:
 Wow! That's kung fu!
I miss Phuket already. I am definitely going back again soon. :)

No comments: