Wednesday 18 January 2012

Dec 2011 in Japan: Enoshima.

The beach in the foreground. Enoshima in the distance. We can see the Enoshima Observation Lighthouse perched on the island too.
"Enoshima is a small island at the mouth of the Katase-gawa River that flows into Sagami Bay. The island is approximately four kilometers, and it is linked with the opposite shore of Katase by the 600-meter-long Enoshima-ohashi Bridge." Source: Japan National Tourism Organisation.

Taken from the Katase end of the Enoshima-ohashi Bridge. See the Lighthouse?
The beach on mainland. During summer, it would be packed with people.
The start of an upward journey.
Halfway up, you could pay to take the escalator. Yes, it is not free. I didn't bother with the escalator.
A shot I took of the yacht harbor as I continued the climb.
Entrance to the Tropical Botanical Garden. Buy your entry tickets here.
Inside the garden: A Chinese style pavilion and the Lighthouse in the background.
Enoshima Observation Lighthouse up close. That's my hand holding up a brochure and the entry ticket.
An avenue of trees in the garden.
Many roses in the garden.
The French Toast here is to die for! Make sure you stop here for some.
French toast! Delectable. What's all the stuff on top? See the next photo.
This was what I had!
Lon Cafe's entrance.
Enoshima-ohashi Bridge connecting Enoshima to Katase on the mainland. See the beaches of grey sand on either side of the bridge?
Rice crackers made with whitebait! Remember to get some if you see it. Bring some back. It is simply delicious! I got some as I was leaving the island.
Now, how do we get to Enoshima from Tokyo? Take the JR Yokosuka Line to Kamakura. Then, take the Enoden Line to Enoshima Station.

On board the Enoden Line.
Enoshima Station.
The train I took.
Kawaii! Enjoy Enoshima!

6 comments:

farmland investment said...

Oh man, that French toast looks amazing. Just staring at it makes my mouth water. I recently lost 15kilos though, so perhaps it might be best that I do not look at that picture too closely:)

AK71 said...

Hi farmland investment,

I actually took some 6 or 7 photos of this from different angles and at different stages of being consumed. Perhaps I should post all of them up to tempt you further. ;p

Congratulations on successfully slimming down. :)

green investments said...

Dear AK71: I am currently sitting in a cafe looking at a picture of Belgian waffles. Losing weight is the easy part - doctor gave me the incentive saying my blood pressure was at the danger point. The challenge though is keeping the weight off, I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly difficult this is to do with pictures of delicious food all around me. In society, it just bombards a person from every direction! Please have mercy:) By the way, on a personal note, if you know of any types of people who may be interested in the area of green alternative investments, please forward our website - www.greenworldbvi.com. Thank you:)

AK71 said...

Hi green investments,

Ah, I see. If we have overarching health reasons to pursue a restrictive diet, then, we really don't have much of a choice.

As for your business in green investments, you might want to consider taking up advertising space in my investment blog. You could email the details to me and we could discuss the various advertising options. :)

Email to: ak71@sillypore.com

Nikola said...

Hello, My name is Nick. I would like to offer you couple of my articles to post on your travel blog - http://travelphotosvideos.blogspot.com/
All articles are unique (you can see for yourself) with 1 link.
Of course i am not trying to do it for free. So please send me your price details, so we can discuss them!
I will be waiting for your reply.
Thank You.

AK71 said...

Hi Nick,

I will send you an email and we can discuss a bit more. Thanks.