Friday 4 March 2011

Good and cheap Japanese food in Phuket!

In January, I blogged about how I went on a cruise with my parents on the Star Virgo. I said there is very good and cheap food in Phuket and we can find it in Jung Ceylon, the air conditioned mall there. Well, I went back to Phuket on a vacation last month and I went back to Jung Ceylon for good and cheap Japanese food! ($100 = ThaiBaht 2,350)

The display:

 The real stuff:

  
The display:


The real stuff:


This Tonkatsu set was the real stuff and was only ThaiBaht120 in price! That's less than S$6.00! That's a real bargain!


All these at FUJI Japanese restaurant in Jung Ceylon, Phuket:


Enjoy beautiful Jung Ceylon by night after dinner:



I overheard a European lady saying that she saved for 3 years before being able to afford her holiday in Phuket. Singaporeans are so lucky that Phuket as a holiday destination is inexpensive due to its proximity and the availability of budget airlines.

6 comments:

Nava K said...

its not about the price all the time, its about the taste too.

AK71 said...

Hi Nava.K,

I assure you the taste is very good. That is why the title of the blog post has the words "good" and "cheap". ;)

If you should go to Phuket, give it a try. :)

mark said...

Better than Kome? New management. Good sashimi. My prob with them is that the fumes from the kitchen all head into the eating area. I smelt like a fried fish after it was all said and done and I wasnt happy cuz I have major problems with coming out of a meal smelling like the meal. Which is why i dont like to eat at certain places like golden shoe.
I didnt get to eat this but the foot massage at the basement of jung ceylon is my fav! By far, the most 'shiok' for its price.

AK71 said...

Hi Mark,

The food is very good. So, it is much better than Kome if we take into consideration the price which is about 30% to 50% lower. More value for our money!

Foot massage? Oh, the pain! Not for me. Thank you very much. :)

julian said...

Can't wait for my next phuket trip in dec !

AK71 said...

Hi Julian,

December? That's too long! I miss Phuket everyday since returning to Singapore. :(