Saturday 29 January 2011

Hong Kong: Ibis Hotel in Northpoint.

I was rather apprehensive about the Ibis Hotel in Northpoint because of the bad reviews. 

Why did I choose to stay in the hotel then? 

I chose it because of its convenient location and its good price (S$100 a night). It's convenient for me as I had to travel to Hang Fa Chuen for work every day. 

I was also spared crowded train rides as I was travelling away from the city every morning. 

As it turned out, the hotel was OK. Here are some photos I took.

My home for the last 4 nights in Hong Kong. A cosy 11 square meters:


Warm water supply was reliable. Warm showers are so important:


A little corner to make some hot tea. I boiled a kettle of water every night and left it open so that the steam would add moisture to the air in the room. Even so, I woke up with my throat feeling like dry parchment every morning.


A small LCD TV was in the room. 19"? Small but at least it's LCD and it worked. Kept me updated on world news. The white doorway behind it was the entrance to the bathroom:


An electronic safe and a bar fridge were provided too and, yes, they worked:


Food was easy to find in many 24 hours cafes along the same road as the hotel. I think it was Java Road. 

I went for a bowl of steaming hot wanton noodles on my first night. 5 big wantons full of prawns and minced pork amongst egg noodles. 

Price: HK$19.00 (S$3+) and I even got a free glass of Chinese tea! Now, that's a bargain!

Distance? 20 steps from Ibis Hotel.


Hotel lobby was not classy but it wasn't shabby either:


The entrance to North Point MTR station which I used everyday. Distance? 40 steps from Ibis Hotel:


My room was on the 30th floor. A view of the neighborhood from my room's window:



I will definitely consider staying at the Ibis Hotel in Hong Kong again in future unless a better offer is available from its competition.

No comments: